Skaantham, various puranas etc
It is also said univocally in all these holy scriptures that the ultimate
objective of the upasana is to Unfold the supreme in One's Self and the various
procedures are described in great detail. The tantras are mostly in the form of
a dialogue or an upadesa between Parameshwara and Parameshwari. or the name can
be between Bhairava and Bhairavi.
Some of the Most Important such Scriptures for Devi Upasana are :
Tantra raja tantram , Vamakshwara tantra ( part of Shodasikrnavam ), Rudra yaamalam, kularanavam, Dattatraeya Samhita, Sarada Tilkam, Prapancha Saram, Paramananda Tantram, Panchatswam by durvasa maharishi,
Chitkakana Chandrika, Parusurama Kalpasutram, Tripura Rahasyam, Sri Vidya
Ratna Sutras, Kamakala Vilasam, Varivasya rahasyam, Soundarya Lahari,
Brahmanda Puranam, Markandeya Puranam etc etc............
We know Lalitha sahasra nama is part of bramhanda purana and Devi Mahatmyam is part of Markandeya Purana.Amnaya Stotra consists of 35 shlokas and Lalitha Sthawarajam has 202 slokas
and each shloka is a two lined one and would take about 45 minutes for
chanting. Both are in " Rudra Yamala Tantra ". Amnaya Stotra says that LS
parayana is complete only with these two stotras parayana and Sthavaraja is
supposed to be Sarvapurthykaram as said in these scriptures.
As you are aware that every Devi Upasaka's minimum spiritual
routine consists of apart from his nithya karmas and manthra japa --
Chanting of the following everyday
1. Lalitha Sahasranama Parayana or do the Archana.
2. Do the Devi Kadgamala parayana or Archana
3. Do the Lalitha thrishathi archana
4. The parayana of Amnaya Stothram
5. The Parayana of TripuraSundari sthawarajam.
6. Arti to Devi.
of Tripura Stavaraja. Tripura Stavaraja consists of :
Amnaaya stuthi, Devi Stuthi, Guru Stuthi, Panchami Stuti, Srichakra Stuthi,
Panchami Mantroddhara, Dikpalaka Stuthi, Ganeshaadi Stuthi, Agni Mandala Dhyna,
Ravi Mandala dhyana, Soma Mandala Dhyana, Ananda Bhairava Dhyana, Nava Yogini
Dhyana, Srichakra Nava Avarana namavali, Prathama Avarana – Anaimaadi Namavali,
Prathama Avarana – Brahmyaadi Namavali, Prathama Avarana – Mudra devata, Dvitiya
Avarana devata namavali, tritiya avarana, chaturtha avarana, panchama avarana,
shastha avarana, sapthama avarana, ashtama avarana, navama avarana namavalih,
Navachakreshwaryaadi Devata, Nitya Devatah, Panchami Stuthi, Pancha Panchakam
(Lakshmi Panchakam, Pancha Kosa, Pancha Kalpalatha, Pancha Kamadugha, Pancha
Ratna), Anya Devatah, Kamakala Praarthana and Phala Sruthi.
Every Srividya Upasaka should follow certain mandatory upasana which is as
1) Devi Manasika Snana 2) Guru Gocharaakyam Prathama Ratnam 3) Ganapati
Kruthyakhyam Dvithiya Ratnam 4) Srividya Rashmi Maala Tritiya Ratnam 5)
Ajapaakhyam Chaturtha Ratnam 6) Sandhya Anushtana and Chakraarchana
These are called Srividya Shat Parayanas.
The 4th point ie., Srividya Rashmi
maala tritiya Ratnam includes the following mantras:
1) Bija Bhuta Panchakam : Gayatri, Abhayamkara, Savitrashtakari, Pranava,
Turiya Gayatri Vidyas
2) Parikara Panchakam: Chakshushmati, Gandharva, Pathishatrudra, Tara, Nama
3) Rakshakara Panchakam: Mahaganapati, Uma Maheshwara Dwadasakshari,
Mrityunjaya, Sruthidhara, Matrika Vidya
4) Adhishtana Panchakam : Parasiva, Sampatkari, Kala Samkarshini, Sambhavi,
5) Srividya Panchakam : Bala, Annapurna, Ashwarudha, Srividya Gurupaduka,
6) Shymala panchakam : Laghu Shyamala, Vagvaadini, Nakuli, Shyamaguru Paduka,
7) Varahi Panchakam : Laghu Varahi, Swapneshi, Tiraskarini, Varahi Gurupaduka,
8) Purthi Panchakam : Swarnaakarshana bhairava, Vatuka bhairava, Chintamani
vidya, Kamadevyannapurna, Purthi Vidya
9) Paduka Panchakam : Gurupaduka, paramagurupaduka, Parameshti Gurupaduka,
Paraparagurupaduka, Maha Paduka
The 5th point Ajapaakhyam Chaturtha Ratnam includes “hamsa” samarpanam at shat
(6) charkas from mooladhara to sahasrara at particular intervals of time in the
600 breaths at mooladhara to Ganapati; 6000 breaths at Swadhistana to Brahma;
6000 breaths at Manipura to Vishnu; 6000 breaths at Anahata to rudra; 1000
breaths at Vishuddhi to Jiva; 1000 breaths at Ajna to Paramaatma; 1000 breaths
at Sahasrara to Gurunatha. The total count of breaths is 21600 which is the
As regards the Shodashi Sahasranama, it is as much popular as lalitha
sahasranama. But it is a secret affair and not disclosed to every tom, dick and
harry. Unless one is initiate in Mahapaduka, one is not entitled to touch the
Tripurasundari Tantra. This Tripurasundari Tantra consists of Shodashi Mantra
Nyasa, Shodasi Stotra, Srividya Kavacha, Shodasi Hridaya, Shodasi Ashtottara and
Tripurasundari with 16 kalas is the Shodasi. Shakthanandatarangini and
Mantrakalpaarnava give the different prayogas for Shodasi.
Tantra says “aatma deyah siro deyam na deya shodashakshari” ie., when asked,
one can offer one’s head and one’s own self but NOT SHODASHAKSHARI
For more updates on Tantra,Mantra,Yantra,Astrology,Ayurveda,Sanadana Dharma,Please visit www.blog4reference.wordpress.com